The Catholic Women's League
Christmas Bazaar - Saturday, November 30 - click here
Dates to remember and suggestions as to what you may wish to donate - click here
Christmas Dinner Party - Wednesday, December 4 - Betty's Restaurant Chippawa - Tickets $26.00
For additional information click here
The CWL will be holding nominations to elect a new executive for 2020-2021. Members who would like to have a list of eligible members are asked to please call Antoinette MacWhirter 905.356.7974. We ask for everyone's prayers as our ladies discern the process of continuing our charitable works for God and Canada.
BELLELLE GUERIN AWARD PRESENTATION
We congratulate Jean Weaver a member of the St. Thomas More Catholic Women's League.
The St. Catharines Diocesan Catholic Women’s League presented their first Bellelle Guerin award at their annual convention held in May 2017.
The nominee must be an exemplary member of the League, serving at more than one level, who does not and will not qualify for life membership.
Bellelle Guerin was the first president of the Catholic Women’s League. This award is presented to individuals who have worked tirelessly to keep the spirit of the League alive in the spirit of the first president.
Criteria for the Bellelle Guerin Award. The nominee must have:
1. Been a member of the Catholic Women’s League in good standing for at least 25 years;
2. Been active on her parish council 25 years;
3. Served on the parish executive;
4. Given extraordinary service to the League, contributing at the parish and diocesan level and,
5. Demonstrated her love of the League through her words and actions.
This award was presented to Jean Weaver, a member of our St. Thomas More Catholic Women’s League parish council. She has demonstrated her love for the League by her willingness to serve when called upon and with a genuine concern for the members of her parish council. She has been on the executive of her parish council numerous times, served as Parish Council President, served as an officer on the diocesan council several times and continues to serve today with God’s help.
At the St. Thomas More Catholic Women’s League annual Christmas party Jean was recognized and congratulated by her League sisters, clergy and guests upon receiving such a prestigious award.
The Catholic Women's League of Canada is an organization that contributes to the life and vitality of the Church, family and community, both at home and abroad. While your presence at meetings is important, we realize that in this busy world it may not always be possible for you to attend. Be assured that your interest and support is as important as your attendance!
Our Mission Statement: The Catholic Women's League of Canada is a national organization rooted in gospel values calling its members to holiness through service to the people of God.
The Objects of the League shall be to unite Catholic women of Canada :
• to achieve individual and collective spiritual development.
• to promote the teachings of the Catholic Church.
• to exemplify the Christian ideal in home and family life.
• to protect the sanctity of human life.
• to enhance the role of women in church and society.
• to recognize the human dignity of all people everywhere.
• to uphold and defend Christian education and values in the modern world.
• to contribute to the understanding and growth of religious freedom, social justice, peace and harmony.
Our CWL members organize many events throughout the year such as: bake sales, St. Patrick's Day card party, Christmas Bazaar, work on resolutions for government, petition issues of developing clean water, raising the age of protection, and
working to promote the teachings of the Catholic Church. We are a part of the largest national organization of Catholic women in Canada with a tradition of service to others as expressed in its motto "For God and Canada."
President - Sharon Angotti